Monday, October 1, 2012

8 Things about This Stage of My Pregnancy



1) I'm exhausted...and even though I'm tired, I can't always sleep...Insomnia haunts me at night - really at about 5 o'clock in the morning...and I just can't seem to catch up.

2) My weight gain is the best it's been in 3 pregnancies...I've only gained about 20 something pounds and I have 5 weeks to go.  My other 2 pregnancies were pushing 40 pounds (possibly more) by the end...

3) I'm more active than I was for the last pregnancy. I walk about a mile regularly to our neighborhood park with our kids. I go up and down stairs multiple times a day...and I'm chasing a mischievous little boy who seems to get into everything he's not supposed to if I'm not in the same room as he is.

4) I feel like I know what to expect. I have aches and pains, but I know that they are different from the contractions I had when I was in labor the last 2 times. I'm pretty sure I'll go into labor on my own, and I will know when that is based on the type of contractions I have.

5) I feel like I know what to expect after the baby. I'll not be as worried as I was with Bella...and nursing, schedule, sleeping...I'm prepared for all of that. And if breastfeeding doesn't work, I'm not afraid at all to switch to formula. I'm not waiting.

6) I have a plan on how to make sure I feel good before and after the baby...thus the new hairstyle, my skin care regimen, and even clothes (thanks to Goodwill!), are helping me feel confident about myself before the baby comes, which I think will help me with the baby blues afterwards too.

7) I am very confident in my new doctors and hospital. Moving 1400 miles away from great care is hard...especially our pediatrician...he is a wonderful man whom we miss dearly...but we've found a new pediatric office that I like. And my personal doctors are wonderful as well. This was a huge concern when moving here, and God has taken care of this completely!!!

8) Lee and I have spent more time together since we've moved to Colorado than we have in a long time. We're working together to make things happen for Connection Church, which I am thoroughly enjoying...and then we both have individual responsibilities to take care of. But, we still have to work on communicating clearly as well as taking...no, making time for our marriage. Dates don't happen unintentionally...we still can misunderstand each other...and even feel a little neglected...but we know that to have a happy family, we MUST take care of our marriage.

It's been an interesting adventure. We weren't planning on having this baby at this time at all...and it's weird to think that I'll be having the baby around the same time that I had a miscarriage last year. It's all showing us that God is in control...and we are trusting His plans over our own. And I have peace in that. I know He knows what He's doing....He's taking great care of us. And this little world-changer in my belly is going to bring even more joy to the Blakney family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment