Friday, January 13, 2012

Stuck Inside of a Box

Sometimes I don't believe in myself.

Sometimes I let guilt overwhelm me.

Sometimes I am paralyzed by fear.

Most of the time, I am my own worst enemy.

I stop myself from doing things more than anyone else could ever try to stop me.

I can be determined when I want to be, but sometimes I allow my thoughts of myself to get in the way.

So, how do I change that stinking thinking?

I have to remind myself of Scripture verses from the Bible:

Romans 12:2,  "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

I John 4:4, "You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."

2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound-mind." 

I John 4:18, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love."

There are many more that I quote to myself, or if I can't completely remember them, but I have an idea of most of the words, I can type it into the search bar of this website, www.youversion.com 

But that's what I have to do when I'm thinking negatively

Because negative thoughts cause me to have a negative attitude...

And a negative attitude keeps me from doing anything positive or life-changing...

And I don't want to do that. I don't want to be stuck inside of a box because I think I am. 

So, in order for me to think outside the box, I literally have to make an effort to change my thinking. 

It won't happen on it's own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment