Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not Just When...

God is good all of the time...

Not just when things go my way or the way I think they should go...

Not just when there's enough money in our checking account for the whole month instead of half of it...

Not just when my family and I are happy and healthy...

He is good all of the time...

When there are bills coming in and money is tight...

When circumstances seem way more difficult and confusing...

When things and people are broken to the extent that it seems beyond repair...

God is good. And He is teaching me more and more about His goodness.

He is challenging me to trust Him more. To really, truly believe He is going to take care of me and my family. To not let my emotions get the best of me...which, for me, this means to not allow my circumstances stress me out and determine if I have joy or not. *This is an area I'm working on.
I am learning that I my not be able to control my emotions, but I can control how I react to them.

And my emotions do not determine if God is good or not.

He is always good. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment