1) I am thankful that I am able to pay all of our bills. It is a blessing to know that our needs are met and even some of our wants. God takes very good care of us.
2) I am thankful for the success that our friends experience. My friend Angie just opened her own bakery/cake shop in Jena, Louisiana...it's called Crave. She does gourmet cupcakes and amazing cakes and desserts. I haven't been able to visit it yet, but I know that it is going to be a huge success because Angie is amazingly talented, and she is honoring God in all that she does. She balances this new business, being a youth pastor and worship leader, and being a wife and mom to an incredible family...she amazes me. I'm soooo happy for her and her husband, and I can't wait to have a gourmet cupcake and cup of coffee at Crave soon!!!
3) I am thankful that my kids are healthy...Brennan has had a bit of a cough this week, and it's just due to congestion from teething...and Bella's teeth are looking much better after bumping them on the piano bench over the weekend. I am blessed also to have such awesome medical professionals taking care of my children!!!
4) I am thankful for the date I had with Lee last night. A friend gave us a gift from Living Social - a Tasting at Jolie's Bistro. It was a 6 course meal that Lee and I got to enjoy together...and we got to use our Top Chef knowledge while discussing the courses with each other. This was awesome!! And I feel soooo fortunate to have friends who are willing to invest in our marriage. It would have cost $150 plus tip for this, and we paid $25 for drinks and a tip. Amazing!!! And it was delicious!!!! Such a fun night!!
5) I'm thankful that God speaks to me. It may not always be what I want to hear or when I want to hear it. But I'm grateful to believe in a God that communicates with me...I can speak to Him and I know He will speak to me. My faith is increased because He is real to me, and His peace is covering me in ways that I cannot explain.
I am truly blessed!!!