Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Call...

last week, my friend Daphne asked me if I wanted to be in a video shoot for our church, Crossroads Church in Lafayette, LA. It would be the weekly introduction to the sermon series for the month of March.

She told me to be in the church conference center at 2 pm on Tuesday and to wear professional attire.

So, I arranged for babysitters (thanks to Lee, too, for helping with the kids until Ciji could get there)...

And I dressed in my professional attire and went to the church.

I didn't know what to expect. Daphne told me there would be no speaking lines, but that was it.

I was thinking it would be serious since I was dressed professionally and all...

Well, I was wrong!!

It was a spoof on the 2012 DirectTV campaign.

And, I must say that it is hilarious.

I spent about 3 hours there dancing around the conference room, pushing a girl in a chair across the room, and just being silly as my role was to "celebrate."

Honestly, this was really good for me.

I often take myself wayyyyyyyy too seriously...thus the reason I expected it to be a serious roll in video.

But I do need to break loose. I do need to have fun. I do need to enjoy life. And on this day, I did.


So, if you haven't seen this video yet, here it is. Enjoy...a lot of talented people worked hard to put this together...and they did a great job doing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment