Friday, June 10, 2011

The Ladder of Life Lessons

Ever Evolving.

Life is full of changes. Stages or phases that we go through.

I once heard Dr. Hope from the New Orleans School of Urban Missions speak at the Young Minister's Institute (YMI) about lessons in life being like a ladder. You can't skip one wrung and go on to the next. Sure, you can try, but eventually, God will somehow bring you back to that wrung that you skipped only to ensure you learn the lesson.


You can't skip out on life lessons.

Sometimes, it feels like I've been on the same wrung forever. Other times I feel like I climb up several very quickly. Either way it goes, I'm still learning.

My ultimate goal is to be like Christ. This will not happen overnight. It definitely won't happen with me skipping lessons in life. I need every opportunity I get to learn to become more like Him.

So, I have to take each wrung on the ladder for what it is worth. Each one I climb is a success - a victory worth celebrating, no matter how long it takes me to climb it.

And for those that I do skip, I am thankful that God loves me enough that He doesn't want to leave me the way that I am. He wants me to be perfect like Jesus Christ. So He gives me the opportunity to truly learn it and not skip over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment