Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Peace of God

I'm sick to my stomach. Part of it is the ridiculous sinus/tension headache that I have right now. It's just making me sick. After a little medicine and a wonderful husband who took care of the kids for a little while, I'm feeling better.

The other part is that I'm having to get everything ready for Bella's tonsillectomy that is happening early tomorrow morning. Really early.

She is totally unaware. Completely clueless. Yet I know what is ahead. And she's usually a trooper when it comes to taking medicine and recovering. But it still makes me nervous.

Philippians 4:6 NIV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I know that I need to not be anxious. It is hard. This is yet another test of me being able to trust in God. I know that worrying won't add another second to the day. It won't improve or make it worse. It will just waste my time.

So, hopefully as the sinus medicines do their magic, the peace of God will invade my heart and mind in only the way that He can make it happen. Actually, that's what the next verse says...

Philippians 4:7 NIV
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I know that I can have peace. I just have to accept it. I can also refuse it by continuing to worry and fret and be anxious.



So, I will choose to spend the rest of this day and tomorrow in peace. I know that God is with me. And He is more concerned about my baby girl than I am. She's in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment