Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bella is Recovering Well!!!



Bella did great for her surgery. Absolutely wonderful.

The doctor came in to reassure us that we had made the right decision. She said that Bella's tonsils were huge, even with her sedated and laying still. She said that she should feel great. I'm thankful that we won't have to fight that anymore.

The nurses kept telling us all day on Friday what a great patient she was. They were so wonderful. They actually carried her out with her blanket, and then carried her back in after she was waking up from the sedation...so she wasn't on that little bed when we saw her leave and come back. That was super nice. I think I would have been scarred by those images. We got to rock her and cuddle her...sing to her and comfort her. It was a good feeling....even though I knew she was in so much pain!

My mom and my in-laws were here over the weekend to help with Brennan and take care of us...It was nice. Always great to have family around.

We're still adjusting to the medicine. I just don't want her to be in a super amount of pain. Ibuprofen seems to be our magical drug of choice. She is almost like herself again after we give her that. I think the prescriptions are too hard on her. She's so tiny as it is.

Too bad she doesn't like ice cream. She keeps asking for popcorn, but she can't have that. So, popsicles are always on the menu. She's doing pretty good drinking now and eating. And we'll be eating more pudding soon, too - thanks to Kelsey and Nadine!! :)

I'm very thankful for all of the prayers that we received. She is recovering well...and now that we know what medicines not to give her, I think we'll be fine. She's still a little grumpy at times, but she did just go through a major ordeal. She's doing great considering that. I would probably be a big baby if I went through it.

We are so thankful for all of the kind words and prayers that we've received. We know that God had His hand on her, and we feel so blessed. And Bella is enjoying the gifts that she's received...even feeling well enough to play with the markers from Hopie, and one of the balloons from Crossroads is so big that she rides it like a horsie!!

We appreciate all of the care and concern...Thank you for loving us and our children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment