Monday, June 13, 2011

Not My Thing...

Don't you wish sometimes when you say, that's not my thing... that it didn't have to ever apply to you...or you never had to deal with it?

Here are a few things that I consider in the "that's not my thing" realm that I still encounter more than I would like:

1. Early mornings...Not my thing. I am not a morning person...as I write this early in the morning, which is probably why it is on the top of my list.

Bella has had crazy sleep patterns since her surgery, and when she's up, I'm usually up. I know her little throat is probably dry from sleeping, which makes it hurt, which makes her wake up and be ready to face the day.

When I was teaching in Buras, I felt a little sorry for the kids in my 1st period class. The wheels in my brain just weren't turning. I could feel myself come alive during my 3rd period class. The later classes got the better of me.

Although early mornings are not for me, now that I have kids...I don't have a choice. And when I do get to sleep in, it is a glorious thing!

2. Cleaning...it's no secret. I'm not a fan of it. I don't get an endorphin rush from cleaning. I like things nice and neat, but I don't like the process to get there. Definitely am the type of person who would hire a maid service, but that's not going to happen.

3. Bugs...I don't want to touch them, and I certainly don't want them touching me.

Too bad just wishing doesn't make it go away...

No comments:

Post a Comment