Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm Pregnant...Again...

I'm pregnant again.

I am not going to lie, I'm still a little nervous about going public with this so early in the pregnancy. I'm 8 weeks along...a little over half way through the first trimester. And I've always heard to not make it public until after the first trimester.

But, we went to see my doctor, who is a very kind, compassionate man.

He did an ultrasound, and although we didn't hear a heartbeat, we saw a very healthy, racing heartbeat. And the baby measured perfectly - exactly to the day of my due date - November 4th.

And everything else looked very healthy this time, whereas last time it obviously did not.

And so Lee asked him what our chance of having another miscarriage would be.

He said he thinks a 5% risk...that's a 95% chance that this kid is going to make it!

We really believe that God wants us to have this baby. It wasn't in our time line, but we believe it is in His. And that is what counts.

Yes, I feel overwhelmed at the thought of having a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a newborn.

Very overwhelmed at times.

But I am confident that God is in control.

Very confident.  And my confidence is starting to outweigh the overwhelming moments.

I know that God is going to give us the grace to have 3.

We are so blessed. We have 2 happy, healthy babies who love God and love each other and love us. They are smart, funny, wonderful children. And they are going to have a lot of fun with another baby in our family.

It's crazy to think we'll be going from a family of 4 to 5. Crazy.

But, it's just another way for God to show His faithfulness and provision to us. Beyond what we expect. I like that. I am excited about that.

So, along with this pregnancy...I've been really sick...nauseated all day long. Even in the middle of the night.

No fun at all.

But, my wonderful, loving husband has been taking wonderful care of me and our kids. He is amazing. And I know that this season of sickness shouldn't last too much longer. Before I know it, it will be just a memory.

I've been craving fatty oily foods...like avocados and mayo...and not just mayo by itself, but like on a sandwich...

When Lee told Dr. Hardey that we were nervous about telling people we were having a baby, he said he understood...but the only thing about telling and something going wrong is then getting to ask for prayer.

And that's true. We know that we are surrounded by praying friends.

So, we ask you to join with us in praying for a happy, healthy Baby Blakney #3!!

We'll keep you posted!!

4 comments:

  1. Bri, this is such exciting news! I will definitely be praying that everything continues to go well! If there is anything I can do to help you, Lee, Bella, and Brennan during this time, please let me know! Even after I leave UL, as long as I'm in Lafayette I am available for anything you need! Love you guys, congrats again! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lindsay! I appreciate it!! Thanks for the offer to!! :)

      Delete
  2. My mom just sent me a link to your blog, and so far, I am loving it. I just found out I am pregnant too. I am only about 5 weeks along, but I had to tell everyone. We were too excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!!! congratulations to you!! It's such an exciting experience!!! I'll be praying for you during this time!! There is nothing else to compare to this!!!

      Delete