Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This Is Who I Am

I can get so easily overwhelmed with my blog.

I want it to be something that I enjoy...an outlet to express what I'm passionate about...what I'm interested in...

But I know that there is a lot of potential in blogs.

For instance, I could make money off of my blog. And there are so many ways to do it!

Google Ads (which I have on the side but am not really making anything from yet)...
Sponsoring posts (which I haven't really done yet)...
Letting people advertise on my blog (which hasn't happened yet either)...

There are so many more ways to go about it too! And I would get paid to do something that I love...writing...expressing myself...and staying at home with my kids.

I know that there are a lot of professional bloggers out there. People who are making a lot of money - huge incomes - through this field of blogging.

And I'm not there yet. At all...

And there is so much that I don't understand about graphic design and layout...and I get sooooo frustrated with...

And I don't know if it's worth it to try to learn...to try to understand. I mean I know it is...I just know that it will take me more time than a lot of other things that come so easily to me...and I don't exactly have a lot of free time with 2 little ones and one coming any time now.

I have made the decision that I don't want to change my blog just to make money. I don't want to start talking about fashion and style...that's just not me. I mean, if I come up with a cute outfit and want to share, fine...but I'm not going to go out of my way to talk about it. And I am NOT a crafts kind of person...so I won't even pretend to go there...

My blog is personal...it's about me...my life...my relationship with Christ...my relationship with my husband...how I feel about being a wife, a mom, a daughter of God.

This is who I am. If I happen to make money off of this blog, great. If I don't, I will still keep writing. It's a way for me to share my life...what God is doing in me and through me...with hopes of inspiring someone else in their journey of life...


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I write as a form of expression and therapy haha!!! If someone happens to read then great! Some days its about what I'm making others its just a way for me to vent.
    Love that blogs can be a glimpse into someones life and sometimes reading what they are going through or over come can help. Do what you do and what makes you happy...they rest will fall into place.
    Love ya B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Syl!! Love you too! I appreciate the encouragement!! :)

      Delete