Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Night Before...


This is it...the night before our first ever Connection Church service. 



There are just a few minor details left to work out, and then we just have to convince ourselves to go to sleep tonight.

It really is exciting. I never imagined myself not living in Louisiana...I never imagined living in Colorado...

But here we are...

This is what we came for. This is what we've been working for. This is what we've been created to do. This is the story worth telling.

And all of the blood, sweat, and tears will be worth it when someone connects with Christ for the first time ever tomorrow...when someone responds to the invitation to make Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior of his or her life.

That's what we're here for. And I am praying for that moment.

We will have a lot to do tomorrow morning...even before 10 am when our service starts.

And my precious little babies will be waking up as the sun is starting to come up.

But, just like us, they will be excited.

I don't know if I can describe the feelings I have right now...

Shawn Reine, our campus pastor, texted me & Lee this picture of our suburban when we first drove up almost exactly 3 months ago. It's crazy how much has happened since then...and how much hasn't gone like we thought it would - some for the good and bad.

But it's all worked out...we are better people for what we've been through.

We know that God has called us here. We know that we are fulfilling what He wants us to do.

That's an indescribable feeling!

So, tonight as we make our final preparations for tomorrow...and tomorrow when we wake up and get started on a day that will make history for us...I am humbled and thrilled to know that I am a part of something so great...that God has chosen me to be a part of this. What a great feeling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment