Monday, January 24, 2011

Lessons from Rainbows

I'm so proud of my husband. His truck hasn't been running for a couple of weeks now. It really wasn't too bad. I'm not brave enough to get out too many places with 2 little ones. But, the trapped feelings had begun setting in. He would ask me if I could meet him somewhere, or pick up something, and I couldn't because I didn't have a car.

But, now his truck is running yet again. Such a blessing! And I'm so proud of him for fixing it himself! It was not an easy task, but he was determined to make it work. And he did.

Things don't always go the way that we think that they will. When they don't, it's easy to get super frustrated. Sometimes we can have an end of the rainbow experience, and we can see why things happened the way that they did. Many people may not know this, but 5 1/2 years ago, Lee and I lost 95% of our belongings in a U-haul fire. Irreplaceable things were gone. It was a very hard time for us. About a month and a half later, Hurricane Katrina wiped away my childhood home along with most of my extended family's homes as well. It was not the same experience, but it was the same kind of loss. We were able to empathize with my family. It meant a lot to me to be able to understand.

Then there are times when we don't get the understanding of why things happened the way that they did. There's no end of the rainbow...maybe not even a rainbow in sight. It's just a mystery left to be. We can be confident of this, though: "He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it..." and "All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose..."

No comments:

Post a Comment