Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Potty Training Day 1

I decided to give potty training a go for it. Bella has been telling us lately - not all of the time but often enough - that she needs a diaper change. So, I thought I'd try today. Someone said to put big girl panties on her, and if she pees in them, let her walk around in them wet for a while. I didn't know how long that would last though...she can take them off herself!

I put on her on the potty and she peepeed a little. So, I gave her a sucker and put her big girl panties on.

I asked her, "What do you do when you have to pee pee?"
She said, "Pee pee on potty."
I said, "What do you get if you pee pee on the potty?"
She said, "I get a sucker."

So, she knows the drill. She is wearing her big girl panties around the house, and I just know that I'm going to have to clean the floors soon.

It was nice outside, and I knew it was going to rain...so when she asked to go outside, I told her we could go. First she had to sit on her potty and then put pants on. Not even a minute later, she comes walking into the living room holding her potty. "Look, mommy, water in it."

She had peepeed through her panties. Yes, she sat on the potty like she was supposed to. She just didn't understand to pull down her panties. So, after dumping the potty, she brought me a diaper. That was enough potty training for one day.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! Oh the joys of potty training!! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete