Monday, August 20, 2012

Dreaming Big Enough

I've been saying this for years...and I really believe it in my heart.

I want my dreams to be huge...because I know that God will exceed my expectations.

In the Bible it says in Isaiah 55:8-9:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
Neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than your ways,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

His thoughts and ways are higher than mine...and if I dream big...He will still exceed my expectations.

So I feel good (most of the time) in believing for the impossible. Of course there are times when my faith is not strong...when I don't have the optimistic outlook...BUT

I try my best to believe that God is going to go above and beyond what I think He can do.

This takes my eyes off of myself and what I can accomplish and watch God with such a high expectancy...which creates an excitement in me that I cannot explain.

Now, I don't believe that I can just sit back and wait for God to do everything...I have to do my part. I have to respond when He asks me to do something...I have to listen, believe, and work.

But when I do my part, I know that He is going to do His! And His ways are perfect!

There are times when I am guilty of not dreaming big enough. When I don't believe things can be accomplished...or just set low expectations for myself.

But I want those times to be rare in my life. I want to live a life of huge, extravagant faith!! And I would love that to be a legacy that I pass down to my own children.

I love this quote...



If my dreams scare me because they are so big...that means that it's only God who can make them become a reality! That's the kind of life I want to live!!

I don't want to be scared to dream...I want to be scared that my dreams are too big for me alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment