Friday, August 10, 2012

The Importance of the Journey

It's getting exciting around here.

We've been here for 2 months now. Sometimes it seems longer...other times it doesn't seem that long at all.

We've been working on getting things together and ready for Connection Church to start on September 9th at 10 am in Highlands Ranch, but now things are really starting to pick up the pace!

There's a lot to be done...a lot to get ready...and just like the past 5 years of Chi Alpha events that we were a part of...we don't have any clue how many people will be there for our first Sunday!!!

We know that a large part of having people there that Sunday (and many of the Sundays following) will be by us personally inviting them. I can honestly say that I'm way more comfortable doing this now than I would have been 5 years ago thanks to our time at UL Chi Alpha. I learned and gained a new boldness that wasn't there before.

I love looking back at my life and seeing where God has taken me, what He's brought me through, and how all of that has led me to where I am today. It really is amazing.

I know that it's easy to focus on the destination...but the journey is just as (or maybe even more) important. It's not about who I will be when I get there...but who I will become along the way.


I know that I'm not the same that I was 5 or even 10 years ago...and I hope to be even more improved in the next 5 years. I would do such a disservice to myself, my family and friends, and to God by staying the same.

I'm so excited about this journey...I'm excited about who I am becoming...I'm excited about how I'm growing and stretching...even when it is uncomfortable.

I'm thankful for God's grace. That He allows me to look back and see how He's been working on me...how He is working on me...that I'm able to embrace where I am and know that I'm still changing and developing...and it's only by His grace.


I hope that you get to experience that grace too...

No comments:

Post a Comment