Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's in a Name??

we are still trying to figure out a name for this active baby girl that is growing in my belly.


It makes me think one of the famous quotes Shakespeare wrote for Romeo & Juliet...


 "What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet."

But there is such importance in a name. 

Lee says that we need to make sure that we like hearing it because we'll be saying it over and over and over again...which has proved true for our other 2 children.

Bella & Brennan's names seem to fit them so perfectly...so I feel so much pressure for us to find the perfect name for the next Blakney that is coming into the world. 

We've gotten suggestions, input, opinions, and it we still haven't made a decision...

I want a name that is going to fit into our family's personality. Fun, vivacious, unique, life giving...so many hopes and dreams...

So...as we get closer and closer to our due date...(I'm now 28 weeks along)...I'm feeling pressure (both from myself and my anxious family...specifically my cousins who want to monogram her precious little name on everything) :) 

I know we'll name her soon. She won't leave the hospital without a name. Ad we've had fun looking at names...there was even a list of hipster names that I looked at...Tallulah was my favorite on that one...but we are trying to stick with the "B" names...

So, hopefully in the next few weeks we'll announce Baby Blakney #3's name - and it will be perfect and just fit her little personality wonderfully. We'll let you know as soon as we figure it out ourselves...

2 comments:

  1. That perfect name will come in due time. The moment you hear it, you will know.

    I've taken the liberty to give you a few suggestions...
    1. Blossom
    2. Bekah
    3. Braven

    That is my friendly contribution. LOL :-)

    Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tammy! It's always fun to add new suggestions to the list! :)

      love and miss ya too!!

      Delete