Monday, April 30, 2012

God's Knitting in My Belly

I am now 13 weeks pregnant.

My belly is shaped quite differently...although I haven't gained a lot of weight. My shape is changing a lot sooner than it did with the last 2 babies, but this is not the first time it's doing this.

It's exciting that it's starting to show that I'm pregnant. That there is a baby being knit together by the hands of God inside of me. - That's a deep thought...

Psalms 139:13 says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."

That is so exciting. Such a neat picture of what is going on inside of me. And that all this that we are going through has a purpose...a Divine Purpose that God is working on even now.


I thought the sickness would be over at this point...but it's not. At all. Yesterday I was sick all afternoon and evening...so much so that my stomach was growling because I was hungry, but I couldn't make myself eat. Nothing - absolutely nothing - was appealing to me...the thought of food made me want to vomit...I couldn't even look at pinterest...seeing pictures of food made me more nauseous.

I cannot believe that I'm still feeling sick. I should be over this.

But I'm not. Ulgh. Just not fun.

It makes it difficult on everyone, but everyone is handling it well. My kids are troopers...they will settle for kisses, hugs and snuggles on the couch with books and movies...

Lee is handling it pretty well too. He's taking good care of me and the kids. He has said he feels helpless at times because there's nothing to make me feel better...but by him taking care of the kids when he's here with us means everything to me.

I know that this will pass soon and be just a memory.

Before we know it we'll be having another baby.

During the hard times, when there's nothing but frustration, it's hard to see the end is in sight...but it is. It's not going to be like this forever.

One of my favorite quotes is, "It all works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end."

So true.

There is an end in sight.

And although I could feel nauseated throughout this pregnancy, I'm believing and praying that I won't. I pray that I will be able to enjoy the extra energy surges of the 2nd trimester. That I'll be able to play with my kids and do everything that I need and want to do.

Thanks for praying with me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment