Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer Time


I love the smell of baby's sunscreen. It just makes me think of the summer. I like that it comes in a spray form now...it is easy to spray the kids - Bella even thinks it is fun - and then we just rub it in. I did miss a small part on her back when we were outside all day for our Leader Appreciation Day. But, she is already turning brown. She's going to have a pretty tan. She's such a pretty girl anyways...


(Bella and Brennan are sharing their pool with Tiffany, one of our student leaders)

I love seeing Bella in a bathing suit. She's so ittybitty...and it is just adorable. And Brennan in a bathing suit is just too cute as well. I'm looking forward to playing in their little pool with her and Brennan. I know that it is going to be a lot of fun for all of us. She is going to wear herself out playing out there, and I will enjoy myself watching.

I love being out in a boat on the water. My daddy is to blame for this - he is the one who took us, who shared with us his love for fishing and being out there. To feel the wind on my face...the sun shining down on me...an ice cold dr. pepper and a turkey sandwich...fishing...it is all a part of what I love. My daddy is also going to be helping us with this. He bought a party barge, and it was closer to my house than it is to his. So, we got to pick it up for him, and we are going to get to try it out for him for a little while. :) There are some repairs that needed to be made, and Lee is going to get to do it. It's a good project for him. It's generous of my dad to share this with us. I am so stinkin' excited about this...I know my dad has said before that a boat is just a hole in the water that you throw money into, and although this is true, a boat for us is an investment in our family. It is time away when we don't have the chance to get far away and we are in need of a break. This is going to be a glorious thing for us!!! I don't know who is more excited - us or my dad.
*On a side note, my mom did share with me her motion sickness :) but it doesn't seem to be as bad for me on the water as it is in a car...a car just kills me. I can get nauseated in a matter of seconds!! Thankfully I can still enjoy being on the water.

These are just a few of the things I love about summer. I'm thrilled that the summer is here for us to enjoy being together as a family!

What do you love about the summer time?

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOVE this!! Babies in swimsuits are the best. Bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete