Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Woman's Role

Every woman's role in the world is different. I don't know if there are 2 who feel the same.

I have chosen to stay at home with my babies. This was something that I always wanted, but I didn't realize how difficult it would be until I did it. It was a tough transition for me. I didn't realize how career oriented I had become. I liked being in the classroom. I liked working at Chi Alpha. I worked until the day before I had Bella. And then I went from being super busy outside of my house to being at home with a crying baby who wouldn't really let anyone else hold her - not even her daddy at times!!

It was a tough time. Colic. Crying baby...crying mommy...crying daddy...It was tough. And then a break through happened, and I really began to enjoy being at home with my little girl. And when I found out I was pregnant again, after a little season of shock, I really began to embrace being a wife, a mom, a homemaker.

I'm not perfect at it yet. There are a lot of things that I wish I had a magic wand to change about myself instantly. But then I wouldn't be able to really appreciate the change that is taking place.



It's the struggle, the work, the effort that makes me want to continue to be better.

I am changing. I am growing. I am making it through this season of life. Everything will look different 2 years from now. I'll be getting ready to put my little girl in school. I'll have a little boy who will be into everything. I'll be a different person...a better person. I'm not saying that I want that now...I just know that life changes, and I want to look back and see how much I've grown instead of seeing myself the same way that I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Bri, thanks for being truthful and honest. I felt/feel the same way. What a shocker it was to go from working to stay at home all the time everyday mom. Yea, I think I went insane there for awhile, but it is getting easier and I think I might be getting the hang of things finally,Ha.

    ReplyDelete