Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Break

Spring break is this week. It's still a working week at UL Chi Alpha, but Lee will leave work for home at 4 every day this week, which is nice. And at the end of the week, we'll be taking a roadtrip to Corpus Christi, Texas. It's for a Chi Alpha International retreat/conference/time of awesomeness. I know that the students who are going with us will have a great, memorable time being with the Blakney family. :)

I've been a little nervous about the trip with the kids. Our last trip to Houston, everyone got a stomach bug. It just wasn't fun at all. At All. I'm hoping that this time will be better. I'm really looking forward to spending some time on the beach. Just to put my toes in the sand, to hear the waves crash. I know we'll be spending a lot of time in the car getting there and coming back, but I'm hoping that while we're there, it's a relaxing, refreshing time for our family and our students. (And I know we'll have fun in the car rides over there and back too.)

This week, I'm looking forward to printing out some of our new pictures and putting them in the frames that have been waiting for them. It's hard picking out which ones I want, but I'm finalizing it today. I'm not really a creative decorator. Our first apartment in Buras was by far the most personalized place we've lived. Then after moving to Pineville and losing everything in our Uhaul fire, I wasn't really at a place to want to decorate. I probably should have, but I was too depressed to even think about that.

Then we moved to Lafayette. When we first got here, we were doing the Chi Alpha internship, so we weren't sure if we were going to be living here long-term or where we would be going. I was ready to move out of the apartment before we ever moved into the 2 bedroom one, so I justified not decorating it because it was also "temporary." Now that we live in a house, it just feels different. And I spend a lot of my time at this house, so I want to make it look like the home that it is to us...it helps having some great new pictures to print, too!

So, spring break is going to be a great week for us. We'll be playing in the yard that God gave us almost a year ago. We'll be enjoying the precious time that we have together. It's going to be a fabulous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment