Thursday, April 21, 2011

Not Like I Expected


Well, our spring break week hasn't gone like I thought it would. Bella has a virus that is quite contagious. She started running fever last weekend, and it got really, really high Sunday night/Monday morning.

So, we're not going to the beach. We are sending the girls without us. I know that they will have a ton of fun! Just a little sad that we won't be there to experience it with them. Bummer...

Bella is starting to feel better. No more fever at the moment, but she still has a sore throat. She's not really eating a lot, but she's drinking juice like crazy...which is a good thing.

When Bella got sick, and I knew that all of my plans were out of the window, I thought of this

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

I am not at all saying that it was the Lord's purpose for Bella to get sick. I am saying that I can make plans in my heart, but I need to be willing to follow the Lord's lead and not my own. I believe He allowed Bella to get sick...and that it is ok for my girls to go on this trip without me. It's good to make plans, but I don't have to stick to them to know that God's purpose will still happen.

I recently saw a quote on twitter, "It all works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end." Max Lucado.

I don't understand why things happen the way that they do, but I do believe with all of my heart that God is in control. Everything is going to go according to His plan not mine. And that is a good thing, because His thoughts are higher than my thoughts and His ways are higher than my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment