Monday, April 11, 2011

Me Again

I've gotten out of my house a lot this past week. It feels nice returning the humanity. I definitely feel more like a human being.

It is usually just easier to stay at home. Bella does ok staying in a shopping cart when I go to Walmart, but we are often just a few seconds away from a meltdown. On one shopping trip, we saw a little bird flying around the inside of the store. Since then, we "look for the birds" while we're shopping. Most of the time it works. Thankfully, my sweet husband went to the store for me this past weekend so I wouldn't have to take the kids. Definitely easier.

I also went on campus a few times this past week. It's been so beautiful outside. Bella likes riding in the stroller now that she could potentially take turns with Brennan. So, I get a little bit more of a workout and carry him in my sling. That's an extra 20 pounds that I'm wearing, so I'm burning more calories. I need to work the rest of this baby weight off! So, we've gone to the swamp on UL's campus. I've learned to bring a few quarters for the fish food dispensers, which provides us time to stay in the same spot.

I also was able to attend the annual women's conference Joie de Vivre at our church in Lafayette, Crossroads. I even won a gift basket in a random drawing!! How cool is that? It is full of the products from the conference - Wonder. It's a great reminder for me - being a part of our church, which I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like. At least I'm getting to now. And that is what is important. The conference was great....the worship by Meredith Andrews was phenomenal. The afterparty was beautiful. It was a great time, and I'm thankful that I got to be a part.

The kids and I also got out of the house on Saturday. We spent hours at the UL intramural field participating in the first annual Life Group Olympics. I came home with a little sun and a swollen ankle, but it was definitely worth it. I'll be writing about it on our Adventures with the Blakneys blog soon.

So, it's been nice being a part of civilization. Brennan is definitely easier to get out of the house with, and it helps when there are some great students who are willing to help me when I'm out and Lee can't be with us.

It feels good to be me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment