Monday, November 1, 2010

Things that Bella Likes...

As a 2 year old, the world seems so small and big at the same time. It makes me wonder just how much of fear is learned or passed down from me. I was completely afraid of the dark as a child. Bella has no fear of the dark at all. She will walk into a dark closet and close the door behind her. She likes dogs, but it takes her a little bit to warm up to them. I can't stand them.

I was thinking about Bella being a 2 year old and going through the things that she likes:

  • Baths
  • Bubbles
  • Spaghetti
  • Seeing Diamond and Mercy (2 of her cousins that are her age)
  • Seeing her grandparents
  • Hearing and then seeing a helicopter or an airplane
  • Jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed - especially with Daddy
  • Dinosaur chicken nuggets
  • Shoes - especially ones that make noise
  • Dancing and singing
  • Silly faces


It doesn't take much to make her happy. She's happiest when she has her mommy and daddy's attention. She wants us to watch her, be with her. It's hard at times. She can't have our attention 24/7...it's just impossible. We wouldn't get anything else done. But, when we are spending time with her, she knows that she is loved. You can tell it in her smile and hear it in her laugh. She knows. And in those moments we know that she loves us too. It's amazing how I can tell her "no" and be completely frustrated that she just wrote on the wall again, and after fussing at her, she's ready to cuddle with me on the couch. Unconditional love. I know that love becomes more conditional with age, but right now, I'm enjoying it. I want her to know that I love her unconditionally. Sure I might get upset at times. I may disagree. But I love her no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment