Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can't Compare

We went to the doctor yesterday for Brennan's check up. He's weighing in at 14 lbs. and is 24 in. long. He's a growing boy!! He's starting to coo and talk a lot...and we are even seeing the beginning of a laugh. It's such a precious time. He's a great snuggler too. And thankfully, he will let others hold him...which is great because Bella usually wants me to hold her anyways.

It's really true that you can't compare kids. Brennan hasn't really been anything like Bella. She was a fussy baby, but now she's a great kid. Brennan is laid back, so there's no telling what kind of kid he's going to be!

Yesterday, when he got his shots (which Lee has to do by the way...I can't be in there when they do it...), Lee said Brennan cried more than Bella did. And after Bella got her shots, she would cry and then crash. She would just sleep...wake up, eat, take a little medicine, and then go back to sleep. He, though, screamed the whole night until about midnight when I laid him in his bed. It was like he wanted to be held, but every time I moved, he would start screaming again. He's better today, but again, not like Bella.

I know that they are going to continue to be very different as life goes on. I want to make sure that they are treated equally fair, but that is going to look different for each of them...which to them is going to seem unfair. Funny how that goes. I know in the classroom, what worked with one student may not work with another. It's not about special treatment, it's about learning. I want my kids to be well-developed human beings that others want to be around.

They are both good kids. Bella is in the fit stage of life, but she is 2 years old. Most of the time, she's funny and polite and a joy to be around. Brennan is just laid back and enjoys seeing what's going on around him. He's becoming more interactive, which is fun. I feel very blessed. I know that God has great, great things in store for these little ones, and I'm thrilled that it is going to be a unique experience for both of them, and Lee and I get to be involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment