Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Month of Sickness

My little family is normally pretty healthy. We don't have to go to the doctor a lot...

Brennan has had some sinus/ear infections...and Bella had some issues like that when she was his age...but that's about it.

But this almost 6,000 feet above sea level has brought our immune systems down!! :)

Multiple people in this house have had stomach bugs and colds for the past month now. It's insane!!

We just can't seem to get rid of it. Even company that came in over the holidays got sick while they were here!

And poor little Breelee has a cold now too...I'm just thankful she didn't get the stomach bug...that would have scared me so bad!!

The cold is bad enough. We're all miserable. At one point in the car, there was 4 of us coughing at one time! My nose is raw...my head has been hurting...and Breelee is about the same too...

It's been a long time since I've been sick back to back...and it has not been fun at all!!! And I have to be careful of what I take since I'm breastfeeding...but really with a cold, I am just treating the symptoms and not really curing anything!

And it gets difficult taking care of kiddos while I'm sick. I've had to pray for extra grace to be nice to my kids...the little irritations that I can normally handle seem magnified while I'm not feeling good. Thankfully we've had friends to play with when I've been at my worst...and Lee's schedule has cooperated too...he hasn't had to take off or miss a shift yet.

But we are making it. I feel so behind on housework, but I know I'll catch up someday.

It is fun to find a Netflix show or movie to watch with the kids and just relax while we all recover. I know that these days are rare and I need to enjoy every moment that I can!!!

And I know that this too shall pass...and we'll all be better soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment