Sunday, September 18, 2011

No Nap Sunday

Bella isn't interested in taking a nap today.

She is normally a wonderful napper...she has walked with blanket in hand to her bed, telling me that she's ready to take a nap. I don't even have to ask.

But today is not one of those days.

And it's dreary outside, and everyone else in the house is sleeping.

Doesn't she know that days like today require a nap???

I used to love taking naps. For a long period of my life...high school, college, and even when I was a teacher, I took naps on a daily basis. It would be a big deal for me not to take a nap.

And I've always had a comfy bed with my comfy pillows.
It's just made my nap tradition that much easier.

Then I had kids.

And with one kid, it's easy to take a nap when she's taking a nap.

But two blew that theory out of the water.

They never seem to take a nap at the same time. One will go to sleep and be waking up as the other is falling asleep.

And whenever they do both take a nap at the same time, it feels like there are a million other things that need to be done instead of taking a nap myself.

And if you know how much I love naps, you will know how big of a statement that is for me.

I know...I know that this is a napless season of my life. There will be times in the future when I can take naps every day again, but I will long for these moments that I have now.

So, to honor that moment, Bella & I are about to enjoy an evening cup of coffee and snuggle on the couch in lieu of a nap for today.

It's all about perspective. And I pray that I don't lose myself or my children by having a selfish view of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment