Monday, September 26, 2011

Bella Bee is 3!

Bella is 3 years old today...next thing I know, she'll be 13. Sometimes, I think she thinks she's 13...

It's amazing how these 3 years can feel so long and so short at the same time.


She's an amazing little girl. She's smart and funny. She's creative and talented. She's sweet and sassy.

The sassy part is pretty new. I know that she's getting it naturally...and I'm wondering how often she sees that in me. Often, I tell Lee that she's only repeating something she's heard from me...

It's hard to explain the love I have for her. How much I would do for her. How much I believe in her and the potential she has inside of her.

It's my job to nurture her...to believe in her...to help her learn.

It's a great responsibility, but it's also a huge honor. I'm thrilled that forever I will get to be an influential part in her life.

I get to have a part in her becoming a strong, confident woman of God.

And what has already happened in these 3 short years are shaping that woman.

It's crazy to think that way...so I'll stop and just keep enjoying being with my little girl now. We'll go back to her playing with my hair, dancing and singing around, and snuggling as much as we possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment