Thursday, December 10, 2015
Focusing on What I Love...
I confess...it is not always easy to focus on what I love about my life.
Most days seem mundane. They all look the same most of the time.
The same dishes being washed. The same clothes being washed (and maybe dried...and maybe folded and put away...maybe)...
The same toys picked up...vacuuming the same spot about 10 times a day because Breelee leaves trails of crumbs no matter what...
Even the songs that the kids ask to listen to are the same exact ones every day...
And even though it is mundane...the same...each day is worth being celebrated and worth being thankful for.
That is what I want to focus on. What I love.
1) I love having faith in God. In the hardest, darkest times, it is what has carried me through. There is hope within me that things are working out on my behalf...no matter what the circumstances around me may look like. My faith has made me who I am.
2) I love Lee. He really is my very best friend. He makes me laugh, which is a challenge since I often take myself way too seriously. There is absolutely no one else in the universe that I'd rather be with.
I think about our vows...for better or for worse...in good times and in bad...in sickness and in health...
We've been through a lot together in our marriage, and it has made us grow stronger together. I love Lee Blakney with all of my heart.
3) I love that my babies are happy and healthy...a minor cold or allergy issues is nothing...even when it causes whiney, clingy babies to be with me every second of the day...every. second. They are still healthy. And generally they are happy. Even when the bad attitude surfaces, it usually doesn't last long or go without an apology. They are amazing kids.
4) I love that our family is adventurous! Like I said before, I can take myself way too seriously...but I am up for having a great time with my family! With awesome kids and a fun-loving husband, it makes it easier to make the best out of what we are doing!
5) I love the friendships that God has brought into my life. Those people who are there for me when I need them. Those people who love me without expecting anything in return. I really am richly blessed to have some amazing people in my life who care about me so much. Getting a call, text, or message from them lifts my spirits in ways that I cannot explain.
I could go on...and maybe I will another time.
But for now, this is a good place to start.
I want to be happy. And on the days when I am not...when I am miserable...it's because I'm focusing on anything and everything except the things that I love.
All it takes is one simple moment to recalibrate and refocus...and it's worth it.
What are some of the things that you can focus on that you love?