Monday, March 18, 2013

Out of Gas

Yesterday I was on schedule to be at church on time for worship practice. 

This is normally a stressful thing for me...getting myself and 3 kids out of the door since Lee is already at Mountain Ridge Middle School (and has been for a while)...

And yesterday I was doing it. I went out 5 minutes earlier than planned to start my car to have it warming up. 

And it wouldn't start. 

At all. 

And I knew it wasn't the battery. 

It had to be out of gas. 

My gas gauge hasn't been working accurately...and it said I had a quarter of a tank...well, it was wrong. 

I kept trying to start it...I called Lee to tell him I wouldn't be on time for practice...and I knew there was nothing he could do for me at that moment...

I really didn't know if I was going to make it to church. 

I thought about going across the street to get help from my neighbors, but I didn't want to disturb them so early on a Sunday morning. 

But, the young lady who lives next door to us "happened" to be out walking her dog. She came over to my car to ask if I needed a jump. I told her that I thought it was my gas tank. 

She went in to her house, and just a few minutes later came back over with a little gas tank with a little gas in it and put it in my car. 

She stood in my driveway with hope in her heart that my car would start...and it did. 

I haven't really had a chance to get to know this girl. I haven't made myself do it either. 

But she helped me. 
It proved 2 things to me yesterday:

1. I love living in a neighborhood like this. We have amazing neighbors...even ones we don't talk to often...or ever...

2. I still don't believe in coincidence.  There was a reason for everything to happen the way it did.
I may not ever know the reason, but I believe God does, and that is all that matters. 

I was able to go to Connection Church yesterday and sing on the worship team with my husband. It was a wonderful, powerful day at Connection Church...

And God knew I would get there....just not the way that I thought I would!!

PS - from now on, I will keep my tank half full!!! And I'm thinking of a wonderful way to thank my little neighbor!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment