Thursday, November 15, 2012

Now It Is Part of Our Story...

I'm doing much better after my bout with Baby Blues.

I can't believe how good I feel after having a baby...today is just 2 weeks.

It's crazy to think that 2 weeks ago today, I had a baby in my belly. I'm so thankful that all of that pregnancy, labor & delivery stuff is behind me!!

God continues to bless us here in Colorado.

On Monday night at about 9 pm, I was on the phone with my parents. Just talking and catching up. About 9:30 pm, I told Lee that Bella needed a few things for her lunch at school the next day, so he made his mental list and opened the front door to go to the store.

There on our doorstep was a jumbo pack of pampers swaddlers size 1 diapers...

Written in black marker, it simply said, "God bless!"

No other note...no knock on the door to say they were there.

It brought tears to my eyes. I know that whoever left those diapers there had to get in touch with someone (like Shawn & Amy) to find out where we live...but I'm ok with the anonymity. The mystery of it all makes it all the more exciting.

I've heard stories of this happening to other people...now it is part of our story. 

And we know that we are living a story worth telling.  It's not easy at times. But a good story is built on conflict, climax, and resolution...it's what keeps you turning the page to find out what happens next.

Most of the time, I'm not sure what's going to happen next. I don't know how God is going to provide. But I know that He is. And most of the time when I haven't driven myself crazy by worrying, I'm excited to turn the page...to start the next day...and see what He is going to do.

From family, neighbors, and friends, we've been given over 200 diapers - more than enough for the first month of Breelee's life. Plus, we've been given so many other things for her...and we're still getting checks in the mail to get other things for her that we need.

And as humbling as it is at times...God is using other people to make our story better. We were not created to write our story alone or for ourselves. We were meant to live and share our lives with those around us...to inspire each other...to encourage each other...

We want to continue living a life worth telling...



No comments:

Post a Comment