Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Don't Have All the Answers

So I don't plan on my blog becoming book review central here...

But I'm really enjoying reading again. Seriously...it's like a long-lost love has come back into my life.

And I love it that Lee and I read the same books at times...it gives us so much more to talk about...besides kids and work. Yes, we enjoy filling each other in on what is happening in our daily lives, but it is wonderful to have other ideas and experiences to share.

And the books have been so encouraging. So challenging. They are causing me to reflect on my personal faith and walk with Christ...

And it has been awesome that Lee is walking along beside me in this new journey. He encourages my reading times...and he doesn't show any disappointment if I haven't quite done as much around the house during nap time because I was reading...(yet amazingly, I feel I'm a little more productive in my house-cleaning efforts since I've started reading again...now if that's really true or not is a different story)

I'm also completing 2 Bible reading plans provided by www.youversion.com. This has been awesome for me as well. I'm reading the New Testament and then the chronological Bible in a year. I get daily reminders on my phone to read it. And since I'm using my phone to read it, this will be a first for me. To read the whole Bible in a year on my phone. Welcome to the age of technology!!!

I feel myself growing. Not that I haven't been growing and developing in the past 3 years since I've had kids. It's a different kind of growth.

And I am also seeing an opportunity for my pride to get the best of me. Reading provides knowledge, and the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 8:1-2: "1 ... But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church.2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much." [NLT]


I remembered the KJV of this verse "knowledge puffs up..."

I don't claim to know all the answers, but sometimes when I read...it feeds my opinions...or even gives me newer ones...and it can really "make me feel important..."or puff me up...


I do love sharing what I know. But I don't want to ever get to a point where I feel like I have all the answers. I don't want to fall into that trap. I want to stay humble and love people as they are...not thinking that I'm better than they are because I have "all this knowledge..." 


And I don't want to have a false sense of humility either. I want to be humble. And this blog seems to be helping me. It is forcing me to be real with myself. To present my real victories and struggles. It's not my deep thoughts like in my journal...but it's helping me share who I really am...and not just who I think I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment