Thursday, March 3, 2011

Clean Up

How do you develop a love for something that you don't love or even like??

I don't love to clean. I don't like to clean. I don't like things dirty...but it feels like it's such a boring, fingernails-on-a-chalkboard kind of thing to me to make things clean.

I don't know why I have this relationship with cleaning. I always seemed to have a messy room when I was growing up. I went to a private Bible college, and we had room checks once a week - Tuesdays I think...and that was the day that my dorm room was the cleanest. Now, I lived with a lot of people while I was in school there...some were messier than I was (even a little gross at times) and some were much neater than I was. But, as always, our room was clean once a week to avoid the consequences of demerits and then fines.

Now, I don't have the consequences of fines or demerits. No, I would never let Lee give me demerits for not cleaning...

I just wish that I loved to clean. I've heard from my friends who are like OCD about this, and they tell me that I should be happy that I'm not OCD about cleaning because it would drive me crazy, as well as everyone else around me crazy too.

So, I need to find a balance. I want to learn to love to clean. It's a lot better now that we have a house, and it's easier that most things have a place of their own. I just want to get better at it. I've got goals and steps to reaching those goals. I just lack consistency in this.

This really is an area of my life that I would like to hide from everyone. I don't like for people to know that I can be a mess. That not every part of my world is cookie cutter neat. This is a weakness of mine. A weakness I would like to improve.

2 comments:

  1. Vunerability.... yea that's hard to show but we are human :-) Bri I just want you to know that I really do appreciate all the things you are willing to share. I feel like through your blogs and getting to babysit the kids I'm learning more and more about you. 2 Thumbs way up!

    ReplyDelete