Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Fireplace

It's so cold outside! And the sky is gray, so there's no sunshine to look like it's warming things up. And we live in a drafty, old house. I do love this house, though. It's still an answer to prayer. I'm so thankful that we live here.

Since it's cold, we're getting to use one of the answered prayers for our house - our fireplace. I love it. I can remember 1 house in my hometown having a real, wood burning fireplace. I'm sure there were more, but I never saw them. My aunt had a gas fireplace, and it was nice, but I love having a real one. I love the sound of the wood popping and crackling. That sound alone can make me feel warm!

And with a fireplace (for me) comes smores. I love smores! melty chocolate...toasted marshmallows...and crunchy graham crackers. YUMMY! I love being able to sit in the warmth of my home and eat this delish treat!

I'm a very blessed girl! I believe with all my heart that God cares about the details of our lives. In the book of Psalms in the Bible, the writer says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." He did for me...he gave me a fireplace in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment