Monday, December 27, 2010

There's Nothing Like Being Home

Bella likes to be on the go. She often asks to go outside, to go bye-bye, or to ride in her daddy's truck. She has been thrilled to spend time with her cousins Diamond and Mercy this past week. But towards the end of the time at both of our parents' houses, she mentioned that she was ready to go home. She's 2. I wouldn't think she would know what she wanted. But Sunday night, when we got home, she was so relieved. She was happy to play with her toys. To sit at her table. To rock with her daddy. When we moved here in May, Lee said for our first night in this new house, if she fell asleep on him in his chair, that it would really be home. She did that night, and she did Sunday night too.
Believe it or not, Brennan seemed to be happy to be home too. He smiled and kicked as he laid on the floor. He just seemed peaceful.
I don't know what it is, but there is something special about being home. I love being with my parents. I am sad when I have to leave. But I love coming back to my house.
Both of my babies do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment