Saturday, May 25, 2013

"All Things Work Together..."

I've been thinking about the Scripture verse Romans 8:28...

I've had it memorized for years. I often quote it to myself in good times and in bad...

"All things work together for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose..."

There has been a lot going on in our lives...and this Scripture has been in the front of my mind...coming up when I have a quiet moment...literally just a moment...but it comes up again and again.

When thinking about this...I know it doesn't mean that everything will be easy.

I know my dad is doing well, but it is not easy being so far from them right now. I'd love to go for a quick visit. But flying to New Orleans by myself isn't exactly worth it for just a quick few day trip...and I don't want to go down for longer right now because I want him to get rest and recover without added stress from me and the kids being there.

And Lee's part-time job is going super well. He has great relationships with his coworkers, which is awesome...he loves what he's doing...it's awesome. But we are having to make some decisions on

I think I often mistake God working things together for my "good" as "It should be easy..."

And life is not always easy.

Lee and I still have disagreements in our marriage...

Loved ones have graduations and celebrations that we cannot attend...

Hours are spent doing things we may not want to do but have to be done...

It is not easy...but it is going to be ok.

My dad is getting older. He has crazy health problems that he is getting taken care of...but I'm realizing more and more just how fragile life is... I never know when we will go to meet Jesus in person.

Often he will tell me, "Bri, if I died today, I will have died a happy man. I've lived a full life." And although I don't want to hear him say that, I know he means it.

But really, I want him to live so much longer. I want him to take my kids fishing...I want my kids to spend weeks at a time enjoying the land and life in Buras.

But, because of my dad's legacy...I know that no matter what happens, God is working on our behalf. He is allowing things to happen which will work out for our good.

I cannot explain the peace that I have right now.

Even when I cannot see it, I know that God is working on my behalf.

And I want to become more like Him in the events of each day...He loves me too much to let me stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment