Friday, May 17, 2013

A Phone Call or a FaceTime Away...

I am feeling very blessed lately...

I am feeling God's favor and abundance...

My dad had open heart surgery a little over a week ago to remove some blockages that were found. He is doing great...He had a hard time sleeping in the hospital...but now he's home, and he's doing so much better. Much better!! He really is recovering well.

I am so thankful for all of the love and support that has been shown to my family during this time. It was a wonderful feeling knowing we have been (and will continue to be) covered by others' prayers.

It was hard being so far from them, but I know it would have caused more stress for me to be there. It would have been hard with the kids. My dad would have wanted to see us all, but that would have been hard on him. And it would have been CRAZY with us in their house when they got home.

And I'm so thankful for the Apple products we have...we were able to FaceTime my dad using my sister's iPad while he was in the hospital...which was much easier for him to hold and see us on than a small phone or a laptop...

We've been able to FaceTime a lot...which is wonderful...it's so good to SEE and HEAR him laugh! :)

I love my dad. He's a wonderful man of God who has worked hard to give us such a legacy...

My dad has read a chapter of Proverbs in the Bible every day for as long as I can remember. Literally.

Any time I ask for advice from him, there is a Proverbs involved in it.

So it is fitting today to read Proverbs chapter 17...
And verse 6 says, "Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children." 
This is so true of my dad!!

I am blessed with wonderful parents who did their best to shape me in to the woman God created me to be...and then released me to respond to the call of God on my life.

It is hard being so far from Louisiana...but I am thankful to know that I have their love and support across the miles...

And I'm also thankful that they are just a FaceTime away...

1 comment:

  1. Aww Praises to God that your father is doing better. I remember you writing about him before and how he was a man of God. I am believing for his complete and total healing. I know it has to be tough being far away from him and your mom. But our prayers allow us to do so much more than our presence at times.

    ReplyDelete