Wednesday, July 6, 2011

God's Got Answers

I've been praying a lot lately. A lot. I want to hear from God. Specifically. I have questions, and I know that He has answers...and I want to know those answers.

So, I pray. I ask. I listen. I don't hear specifically what I think I should be hearing.

It doesn't mean that He's not speaking or listening to me.

I know that there are some who may disagree, but I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that things happen for a reason. Everything. If the writer of the book of Ecclesiastes can say that there is a time and a season for everything, I believe that God would have a reason for everything too.

We may not ever get to see the reasons on this side of eternity, but I do believe that there is a reason for everything that happens.

Back to God speaking to me...

Just recently I made a statement to Lee about my blog...and how I've gotten such a great response from the posts I've made about Marriage Maintenance. I told him that I'm going to title my book that. I've always talked about writing a book, but it's never been anything other than me saying that. This actually has potential.

Anyways, that same night, Lance, one of our student staff members at UL Chi Alpha, texted me to tell me that he loves my blog and that I should title my next book Marriage Maintenance.

I definitely take that as a God confirmation.

That's what prophecy is. Confirmation of what God is telling me. If someone "prophecies" over me as they are praying for me, and I don't feel right about it in my heart, I do not have to believe it or go along with it just because it was prayed over me. But also, I can write it down, hold it in my heart, because the timing may not be right.


So, I am the place where God is confirming things to me through other people. It's a neat experience. It's humbling, too. God doesn't have to do that for me, but He knows that I'm human, and sometimes I require hearing it from other people in skin. That's kind of Him.

I'm still listening and waiting in anticipation for the questions that I have that I want Him to answer. But I'm learning to trust Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says:
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding.
6. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths (or make your paths straight).

I'm learning the whole "lean not on your own understanding" part.

Sure I say I trust God, but if I take matters into my own hands, or I spend all of my time worrying about my situations and circumstances, then I really am not trusting God with all of my heart.

So, I'm learning. I'm listening. I'm waiting. He's speaking to me...and I want my heart to be ready to hear His answers...not ones that I've come up with on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment