Thursday, February 18, 2016

Yes, I Am Biased About My Kids...

Every parent should be biased about their own children. It's a given. 

I know my kids aren't the absolute best...they aren't on the genius levels...

But they are the smartest, funniest, most beautiful children that I know... and I am totally ok with you disagreeing and feeling those things towards your own children! 

Here are a few things I love about my kiddos::

1) They work hard to make each other laugh. Breelee is the one who does this the most. From bodily functions on demand or crazy dance moves...she can make them laugh. And when she's crying or another one of them is crying...they do their best to make that one laugh. Yes there is fighting...but most of the time, there is a lot of laughter in my house! 

2) They enjoy making new friends. It is very easy and natural for them to introduce themselves to others. I think this stems from our work with Chi Alpha, where Bella regularly heard her daddy introduce himself and then introduce us. He still introduces us when we go to visit him at work. It's precious to hear them introduce themselves in the same format...it's a blessing! 

3) I get to watch their faith grow. We ask them things that they want to pray about...and then Lee and I decide 1 or 2 things that we pray together for as a family...every night. One of the big things we prayed for when Bella was little was for some friends of ours to get a house. We prayed for months for their situation, and they eventually got a house! It wasn't where they planned or pictured, but they were able to trust God that it was the right place for them. Chris, our thoughtful friend who knew we were praying for his family, sent Bella a thank you card and a picture of their house...talk about building her faith! I know that God is not like Santa Claus...it's not a just because I ask I get it situation...but when we ask in accordance to what God's plans are, He will answer. 

This is not exhausted by any means...but this season of life is tough. Three little ones are not easy to manage. But again I want to challenge myself to focus on what I love. There is a lot that drives me bananas...a lot that I don't always handle well...but if I can focus on what I love, it will help me create the kind of safe, warm, and fun environment I want my home to be. 

So, now that I know you are biased...what do you love about your kiddos or those kiddos closest to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment