Friday, May 29, 2015

In High Demand...

Being a mom of little ones has to be the most demanding job there is. 

I know that there may be more challenging jobs. And even as a parent, there are difficult and challenging seasons and stages...

But with having 3 little ones that are ages 6 and under...the demands seem endless. 

Food has to be prepared for them. All of the time. And when 1 seems to be going through a growth spurt, the others follow suit and want to eat all of the things in the house all of the time.  

When one is sick, that one consumes my day by staying put in my lap. 

And there are many tears shed by that 1 when I get up to get food or anything else for the other ones. 

It is just straight up demanding

I try to breath slowly and calm my nerves as I am fixing something for one and getting asked repeatedly for something else by the others. 

It doesn't matter if I acknowledge them and let them know I am aware of their requests. They are only quiet when the requested thing is in front of them. Then they are satisfied for 5 minutes. Maybe.

I hear from my other mom friends who have older children (these amazing women in my life whom I love dearly) that this is a stage...it won't always look like this. 

It will look different as you wait with your teenager to see if he passed or failed his driving test...

It will look different as you hold your crying teenager who is suffering from a broken heart...

It will look different. 

I know that there will be a time when I will ask my kids if I can fix something for them to eat instead of hearing their demands from the moment they wake up until the moment they go to sleep.

I am doing my best to embrace this season of life. 

Lord, help me to appreciate the demands. Help me be thankful that I have happy, healthy children who are growing...and you've provided food for our family to ensure they continue to be healthy and full of life. 
Help me to continue to show them patience...that it is ok to wait...and appreciate that they know how and when to say "please" and "thank you." 

Just like any other job, it's a good thing when you are in high demand...it means you have a gift and a purpose to share with those who need you most. 

I want to be even more thankful that I am in high demand...

No comments:

Post a Comment