Tuesday, April 5, 2016

#MOMFAIL Moment

The past few days I had an awful headache...one like I haven't had in a very long time. 


My sweet Bella took such good care of me and her siblings yesterday while her daddy was at work.

I was up and about for a little while, but it got to the point where I just wanted to lay down to rest is out so it wouldn't get worse. 


She checked on me often, and kept her brother and sister hydrated and entertained! That's not always an easy task! 


Plus she brought me a wet rag for my head and a cup of water to drink. She's so thoughtful.  


She's such a sweet, caring, fun-loving girl. 


I appreciate her love for life so very much.




And after all of that...right before bedtime...I fussed at her for kicking her brother in the face (accidentally) when she was doing a cartwheel in the living room. 


I blew it. It was one of those #momfail moments.

I am thankful for God's grace and mercy...that I was able to ask for forgiveness and hug it out with her...I know I hurt her feelings. 


So much goodness can be lost in seconds. 


I need to get better about not overreacting to such little things that just don't matter.


Kids are going to be kids. Rambunctious. Loud. Chaos-causing. Seeking fun and adventure.


It's my job to show them love, peace, grace, mercy...and so much more. I want to be patient with them. I want to be consistent with them. I want to provide a nurturing environment so that they can grow to be the best version of themselves. I don't want to stifle anything.


In life...not just parenthood...we blow it. We make mistakes. It's important that we own up to it. Don't blame bad attitudes, bad days, or someone else. Make the best of that. Learn from it and move on!!



No comments:

Post a Comment